We should remove build.properties from CVS.  Then things will be consistent.

Separately we should resolve whether to add a default.properties file.
Personally, I don't have a strong feeling about this.  If forced to vote,
I'd currently vote for leaving the defaults in build.xml, but I won't object
if the majority wish to move default values to a default.properties file.

Doug