Victor Hadianto wrote:

>On Thu, 22 Aug 2002 23:14, Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
>

>>That's the very top question/answer in Lucene FAQ at jGuru:
>>http://www.jguru.com/faq/Lucene
>>

>Hi Otis,
>
>Yep I realise that, but I think you haven't read my question closely. My
>problem is not simply delete/add the new document, but what happen with the
>fields thare are unstored. If all the fields in my documents are stored then
>it should be fine, but unfortunately not in our current situation.
>
>Has anyone else ever came across this problem?

Yes, generally, there are two answers -- either make all fields stored
or use some other database for the storage of the "master" documents.
The first approach expands the use of Lucene to the point where it
becomes a database rather then an indexing engine. This makes sense in
some applications, but generally degrades in performance. The second
approach is preferred, but it increases complexity of the overall solution.

I suppose it might be possible to add a lower-level support for
extracting the terms from the unstored fields of the initial document
and re-indexing them for the new document...

Dmitry.