Otis Gospodnetic wrote:
I like this idea.  I don't care so much about 1 or more CVS
repositories, as much as separate Jars, so if we can make
analyzers-1.4.2.jar and highlighter-1.4.2.jar along lucene-1.4.2.jar,
that would be ideal, in my opinion.

A minor point: we should prefix all the jar file names with 'lucene-'.

Also, I think the javadoc should include everything, not just the core. That way folks can easily see what's available. We could group things to make it clear what's core and what's in auxiliary jars:

http://java.sun.com/j2se/1.4.2/docs/tooldocs/solaris/javadoc.html#group

So we might have groups for Core, Analyzers, etc.

However, I still think a separate jar for the highlighter is overkill.

Doug