Less is more.  One FAQ is better than two.  Although I maintain the
jGuru FAQ, I don't have any issues with going the Wiki approach
(although I'm not a big fan of Wikis, because they require me to learn
yet another made-up markup language), and going the community-supplied
FAQ.

jGuru can provide XML dump of a FAQ, and I believe I can obtain it, if
you want to use that to seed the Wiki FAQ.  But let's hear some more
opinions before doing anything.  Maybe you should ask users on
lucene-user, since that's where the people who depend on Lucene FAQ
are.

Otis