Ricardo Lopes wrote:
I agree that the logo wasn't scalable without loosing quality or redability.
That is the problem with raster/bitmap images (i don't know the word).

An image in SVG solve that problem (as you allready posted).

If that is what you intend to do then you just have to make the logo more readable as it was sugested.

Ricardo,

No, actually, that's not the problem. The issue is that the logo
has too many small details that when shrunk down become less than
a pixel or so in definition. I can take the SVG version of the
logo I've done and shrink it, but it won't look good too small,
with the black border lines of the logo becoming smaller than a
single pixel. Also, because the primary colour of the logo is a
very light green, if the border disappears the logo almost does
too on a white background.

Erik Hatcher wrote:
> A further logo request would be to chop it into "L", "u", and "cene"
> with some matching left and right arrows so we can put it on a web page
> like this:
>
>    < L u u u u u u cene >
>
> for search results.

And to answer Erik's request, that wouldn't be too difficult if
the logo still looks similar to the one we have now. If we moved
towards more of a meatball logo (i.e., like NASA, a ball-shaped
one) that wouldn't be possible.

Murray

Murray Altheim                    http://kmi.open.ac.uk/people/murray/
Knowledge Media Institute
The Open University, Milton Keynes, Bucks, MK7 6AA, UK               .

                 Empty handed, holding a hoe,
                 Walking, riding a water buffalo,
                 A man is crossing over a bridge;
                 The bridge, not the water, flows.

                        -- Mahasattva Fu, The Blue Cliff Record [96]