+1

I volunteer to tackle the initial restructuring (piecemeal over the next few weeks), unless someone is more eager to hop on it.

Also, we should package a lucene-XX-all.zip/.tar.gz that includes all the contrib pieces also allowing someone to simply download Lucene and all the packaged contrib pieces at once.

        Erik