This one works fine.
My version had a smaller default buffer size and an extra constructor to
choose the size if wanted:

public class KeywordTokenizer extends Tokenizer {
  public KeywordTokenizer(Reader input) {
    this(input, DEFAULT_BUFFER_SIZE);
  }

  public KeywordTokenizer(Reader input, int bufferSize) {
    super(input);
    this.buffer=new char[bufferSize];
    this.done=false;
  }

  private static final int DEFAULT_BUFFER_SIZE=256;
  private final char[] buffer;

  private boolean done;

... etc
}