I've been thinking about LUCENENET-493 (Make Lucene.Net culture insensitive). It's easy to fix the code, and verify it on my machine (running CurrentCulture=sv-SE), but there are no tests to confirm the changes. I've been looking for ways to build test cases for different cultures, like the overridden runBare method used originally in the java code, but NUnit does not seem to have any such abilities within the tests themselves.

1) It is possible to build NUnit addins that could execute every test [with special annotation?] once for every culture. Resharper supports NUnit addins, provided they are manually placed in the correct folder under the resharper application folder. 2) We could rewrite culture sensitive tests into method that holds the logic, and several test methods with [SetCulture("...")], but this requires knowledge about what tests are culture sensitive. We could also rewrite every method into a foreach-loop, executing the test logic with every culture.
3) Change unit testing framework.

Any thoughts?

On 2012-06-14 17:58, Prescott Nasser wrote:
I'm going to try and review some of them - looking at the 3.5 ticket atm. The
code should be in compliance with 3.0.3. We might want to do some spot checking
various parts of the code. I'm not sure about the tests. Also, we should
probably run some code coverage tools to see how much coverage we have.
~P