I can set a different build target, but I can't set the actual framework to
3.5 without doing it for all build configurations.  On top of that, 3.5
needs System.Core to be referenced, which is done automatically in .NET 4
(I'm not sure if MSBuild v4 does it automatically?).  I did kinda get it
working by putting a TargetFrameworkVersion tag of 4.0 in Debug and Release
configurations and 3.5 in Debug 3.5 and Release 3.5 configurations, but
that's a little...well, difficult to maintain by hand since visual studio
doesn't allow you to set different framework versions per configuration,
and visual studio seemed to be having trouble with references, since both
frameworks were being referenced.