From: Min Yin [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED] Sent: Tuesday, August 19, 2008 9:42 PM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: System.Intern(), memory leak, and sorting

Hi there,

In our attempt to fix the memory leaking (we are using v2.1.0), we replace all the System.Intern(s) with s itself in the source code. The theory being System.Intern(s) will cause the system to hold s forever without releasing it. That (with a WeakHashTable) seems to correct the leaking problem but then we found sorting of the returned result broken, and the sorting begin to work immediately after we switch back to System.Intern(s).

I'm looking into the source code to understand why is so, any insight how to deal with the situation so we can keep the memory intact and the sort working? I also wonder if the new version (v2.3.0 or ?) will fix the memory leak so we don't need to change the source code?

Many Thanks in advance!
Min