From: László Monda [mailto:l...@monda.hu]
Sent: Tuesday, February 17, 2009 8:10 PM
To: lucene-net-user@incubator.apache.org
Subject: Re: Building Lucene.Net from SVN

For those of you who have any doubts about Mono I must say that it
works perfectly well.  It's getting more and more popular, it's rock
stable and it even outperforms MS .NET in some areas.  There are a
number of big and popular projects that are using it right now.  I
don't wanna make a debate about it, just want to make things clear.

Command line compilation might seem unusual and there are other ways
even on Linux, but it always worked well for me.  The current SVN
trunk might be 2.3.1 or anything else, but it's clearly broken right
now.  It's not that I've included some files that I shouldn't have
been, but there are some required files (like DocumentWriter.cs) that
are clearly broken.

I'd really appreciate if developers could tag the appropriate versions
so that one could check out the preferred version and build it without
errors.

I hope that someone can help me to build Lucene.Net because otherwise
I'll have to port my little application to Java to use Java Lucene
which I wouldn't prefer since I really love the .NET platform.

--
Laci  <http://monda.hu>