It is being added as a Text field.... which is stored i gather. Is is also being added
as as a Reader.... this might be the problem I am not sure.

Here is my code, can anybody please help me.

import org.apache.lucene.analysis.SimpleAnalyzer;
import org.apache.lucene.document.*;

import java.io.*;

public class IndexFiles {
  // usage: IndexFiles index-path file . . .
    String indexPath = args[0];
    IndexWriter writer;

    writer = new IndexWriter(indexPath, new SimpleAnalyzer(), false);
    for (int i=1; i<args.length; i++) {
      System.out.println("Indexing file " + args[i]);
      InputStream is = new FileInputStream(args[i]);

      // We create a Document with two Fields, one which contains
      // the file path, and one the file's contents.
      Document doc = new Document();
      doc.add(Field.UnIndexed("path", args[i]));
      doc.add(Field.Text("body", (Reader) new InputStreamReader(is)));

      writer.addDocument(doc);
      is.close();
    };

    writer.close();
  }
}

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/14/02 03:21PM >>>
Make sure that you added it to the index as a stored field, and not
just indexed.  Look at the Javadoc for Field class to see different
field types.

Otis