Sunnetha,

this is my Search code... I have tried the get("body") call but it returns a Null.....
thus i cannot actually process document contents...... I need to do this to extract
data such as document titles etc

currently it uses get("path") to get the documents path but if I were to change that
to get("body") to System.out.print the contents it would print "Null"

anyway.. here is the code:

import java.io.IOException;
import java.io.BufferedReader;
import java.io.InputStreamReader;

import org.apache.lucene.analysis.StopAnalyzer;
import org.apache.lucene.search.Searcher;
import org.apache.lucene.search.Query;
import org.apache.lucene.search.Hits;

public class Search {
    String indexPath = "index", queryString = "sharon";

    Searcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(indexPath);
    Query query = QueryParser.parse(queryString, "body",
                              new StopAnalyzer());
    Hits hits = searcher.search(query);

    for (int i=0; i<hits.length(); i++) {
      System.out.println(hits.doc(i).get("path") + "; Score: " +
                         hits.score(i));
    };
  }
}

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 03/14/02 03:35PM >>>
Hi Roshan,
                        U've got to get the contents as
                doc(i).get("body")
        The field name has to match what is queried back .

Suneetha.