> From: Halácsy Péter
>
> What I would like:
>
>   score_d = sum_t( tf_q * idf_t / norm_q * tf_d * idf_t /
> norm_d_t) * p_value_d
>
> where:
> p_value_d : predefined value of document calculated at
> indexing time (0 < p_value_d <= 1)
>
> in the API:
> option 1:
> writer = new IndexWriter(..)
> writer.addDocument(doc, 0.45);
>
> option 2 (I think better)
>
> Document d = new Document();
> d.setValue(0.45);
> d.addField(..);
> writer.addDocument();

This would not be hard to add to Lucene.  I would like to add it as soon as
we get the 1.2 release finalized.

I also prefer the second style of interface, however the method should
probably be on Field not on Document.  Something like
  Field.setBoost(float);
Perhaps we could also add a Document.setBoost(float) method which would
provide a default boost for all fields added to that document.

Doug