Hello Terrence,

Ah, you got me.
I guess I need a bit of both.
I need to just strip HTML and get raw body text so that I can stick it
in Lucene's index.
I would also like something that can extract at least the
<title>...</title> stuff, so that I can stick that in a separate field
in Lucene index.
While doing that I, like you, need to be able to handle poorly
formatted web pages.

In a future I may need something that has the ability to extract HREFs,
but I'll stick to one of the XP principles and just look for something
that meets current needs :)

I looked for ANTLR-based HTML parser a few days ago, but must have
missed the one you pointed out.  I'll take a look at it now.
Can you share or describe your stripHTML method?  Simple java that
looks for <s and >s or something smarter?

Thanks,
Otis
P.S.
This type of thing makes me wish I can use Perl or Python :)