Joshua

Thanks a lot for reply. I think I have not explained my doubt clearly .
I am not exactly searching for a letter, but can be a letter or a set of
 letters .

Example: Consider the sentences
1) "God is love"
2) "Life is beutiful"
Currently using lucene we can index this sentence by using different
Analyzers.
When I create a query for searching in the indexes, as far as my
knowledge there are different types of queries . TermQuery,BooleanQuery,
PrefixQuery etc.
but when we supply a query to an IndexSearcher, the results returned by
the  IndexSearcher   shows that unless if u give the whole word it
doesn't find.
ie,     if I search for  "beuti" it doen't return any results. but if we
search for "beutiful" it returns the number of hits 1.
Is there any way to create a query using any of the  lucene Query
objects, which should make the Indexsearcher to search even for  set of
letters..

Best Wishes
Pradeep