I think the answer is yes.

When creating a Lucene Document you can create a field which is the URL field. If you are not searching for words within the field, I would probably make it a keyword field type so you don't tokenize it into multiple Terms.

Then you can great a multi-field search.

url:www.apache.org AND lucene

Where url is the field where the URL exists and the term you want to search for in your default field is Lucene.

To answer what I think your second question is I will restate the question.

Can Lucene support subsearching.
Well yes and no. I will answer how to accomplish this, there is also some information in the FAQ about this.

You can just add criteria to the search so

url:www.apache.org AND lucene AND indexing

This will return the subset of information.

If you are going to do the same search over and over again, you may also want to look at filters, which basically keep a bitset of a Lucene search results so you don't actually have to do the search again, just an intersection of two bitsets.

When you get the Hits back you can get the information from what ever field you want including the URL field that you will create.

I hope this helps and is on the mark. If not, the answer in can you use Lucene to accomplish the task the answer is typically yes (The questions then become just how much work has to be done on top of Lucene, or is Lucene the right tool).

--Peter