Probably shouldn't have added that last bit. Our app isn't a DNA searcher. But
DASG+Lev does look interesting.

Our app is a linguistic application. We want to search for sentences which have many
ngrams in common and rank them based on the score below. Similar to the TELLTALE
system (do a google search TELLTALE + ngrams) - but we are not interested in IR per se
- we want to compute a score based on pure string similarity. Sentences are docs,
ngrams are terms.

Jim

>>> [EMAIL PROTECTED] 06/05/03 03:55PM >>>
AFAIK Lucene is not able to look DNA strings up effectively. You would
use DASG+Lev (see my previous post - 05/30/2003 1916CEST).

-g-