John Takacs wrote:
Good idea.  I was just following the install directions, but if I don't have
to pay attention to the install directions, I'll find a much better one.

Any hints?  Previous email discussion maybe?  I found some references via
searching the archives, but I'm not 100% convinced they are applicable to my
situation.

I'm not sure what you mean with install directions, Lucene is just a JAR file and you use it like any other Java class library. There's also the WAR file with a few demos, which you can just drop into Tomcat.

Perhaps you were trying to build it? I just downloaded the binary distribution and used it.

Ulrich