Hi,

> I talked to one of the maintainers of NLucene and he said
> that he was planning on releasing a 1.2 version (not beta
> apparently) in two months. That was back in June and I
> haven't heard or seen anything since then so I cant really
> say if it is still being actively developed.  Sounds like you
> are doing the same thing I am doing which is adding
> functionality that you need on your own.  I've also added a
> few things to NLucene like multifield queries and the default
> boolean operator setting.

By the way, I hope that Lucene.Net 1.3rc1 will be available
from http://sourceforge.net/ in this week. Lucene.Net is ready, but
sourceforge is not :)

Lucene.Net is a complete up to date port of Lucene 1.3rc1
includes samples and demos (web demo also).

A few differences between nLucene and Lucene.net are:
1. version of Lucene: Lucene.Net is a 1.3rc1, nLucene - is a 1.2
2. java code compatible: Lucene.Net only change naming notation, like
"IndexWriter", nLucene
implement some methods as a attributes and others
3. demos: Lucene.Net contain all of Lucene demos and tests include web
demos. nLucene does not.
4. .NET Framework 1.1 and VS 2003 compatible
5. (for internal developer only): correct implement of >>> java operator
:)

Pasha