On Sunday, November 23, 2003, at 03:33 PM, Dion Almaer wrote:
This leads me to another issue actually. On certain range queries I get exceptions:

Query: modifieddate:[1/1/03 TO 12/31/03]

org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses

I'm guessing you're using Field.Keyword(String, Date) for modifieddate? The date field stuff in Lucene is really a timestamp, and doing a range query enumerates all the terms for that field in that ranging making a big ol' boolean OR query of all the individual ones. Since you want this to be just a date, use Field.Keyword(String, "YYYYMMDD") instead. But.... you'll want to subclass QueryParser and override getRangeQuery to do the right date format parsing from "MM/DD/YYYY" into "YYYYMMDD" rather than the internal Date representation Lucene uses for "date" fields.