Hi guys -

So I am getting happier with search, and just pushed the lucene version live at:

http://www.theserverside.com (on the leftbar) and:
http://www.theserverside.com/home/search/index.jsp

The only real item that I still want to tweak more is getting recent results higher in
the list.

I was wondering if something like this could work (or if there is a better solution)

At index time, I have the date of the content.  I could do some math where the higher
the date
(based on the time_t version or whatever) the more of a setBoost(metric). Or, for
every month in the
past, create a larger negative number to setBoost()... or something like that.

Would something like this make sense?

Dion