On Fri, Dec 05, 2003 at 02:45:34PM -0500, Pleasant, Tracy wrote:
> Maybe we are having some communication issues.
>
> At any rate, I did index it as a KEYWORD and when displaying used the
> TermQuery.
>
> The only problem with this though is by storing the ID (i.e. AR345) as a
> Keyword, if I search for AR345 no results are returned when I use the
> MultiFieldQueryParser .
>
> *sigh* *arg*

OK.

Go to http://www.fastbuzz.com/search/index.jsp and type "lucene" without
the quotes  and hit search. You get results from different channels/rss
feeds.

Now type "lucene channel:11183" without the quotes and hit search. You
get results only from Java-Channel.

We're inserting the field channel as a keyword, and it does what I
understand you want to use AR345.

I would guess that in MultiFieldQueryParser you are not doing an add()
of the field for AR345 which is why the search fails.

Regards,

Dror

Dror Matalon
Zapatec Inc