Clandes,

I'm not sure what the "body" field is that you're indexing. If it's a database record, one option may be to store the database primary key for the record as a field value -- basically a document ID. In that case, you would do the search and get back matching document ID's. You could then pull the bodies from the database and send them through the hilighting routine without ever needing to store the full body value in Lucene.

Regards,
Matt

Clandes Tino wrote:

Hi all, I have incorporated highlighting package
(http://home.clara.net/markharwood/lucene/highlight.htm)
but I am worried about the following issue.

If I want to display "body" field content’s best
segments, containing term from query highlighted, I
have to define Field "body" as Stored.

So, complete process would be like this:
Index related work:
1. parse uploaded document into temp ASCII file
2. read ASCII file and append its content to String 3. make Field as Text(String name, String value)

Search related work:
1. Retrieve field “body” String value from the hit
(again - only way to do this - as I have understood –
is to declare Field “body” as Stored)
2. pass the String value to Highlighter methods.
Besides that in Lucene FAQ I have read that “body”
fields are not good candidates to be declared as
Stored. Index size is one obvious reason, but I am
wondering, how it implies Lucene search performance in
general?

Has somebody an idea how to include highlight
functionality in Unstored Field?

Regards and thanx in advance
Milan