Hi Everyone.

I am trying to figure out how create a query that matches

A ? B

Where ? is exactly one token. Can anyone tell me how to do that?

Obviously it's easy to match 'A * B' where '*' is 0 or 1 tokens (just use a
PhraseQuery and set slop to 1). However, if I require exactly one word/token
between 'A' and 'B'?

BTW, I know a very clumsy way of doing this, but I really don't like it: For
each indexed token insert a token (for example 'X') at the same
token-position. Then the query would be: "A X B" and everybody (except the
indexing performance as well as the size on disk) would be happy.

There's got to be an easier way. Right?

Thanks in advance!
Jochen