Thanks to Otis, Morus, and Erik for their responses to my question.

I see that my question is also related to the posting: "Query syntax on
Keyword field question".

I tried all of your suggestions.
When using:
a) the tokens generated by the analyzer and
b) the parsed query (using the to_string method).
to debug StandardAnalyzer, I saw that it does properly pass in the
string with the number attached to it. I don't understand why Field.Text
did not work with StandardAnalyzer.

I tried WhitespaceAnalyzer and that did not work.

I have tried implementing a custom analyzer like KeywordAnalyzer, and
using PerFieldAnalyzerWrapper.

I think the custom analyzer I created is not properly doing what a
KeywordAnalyzer would do.

Erik, could you please post what KeywordAnalyzer should look like?

I can't wait until the book you guys are developing comes out.

Thanks very much.

           Morris