Mark,

Many thanks for this news!

Vladimir.

On Thu, 8 Apr 2004 22:09:32 GMT
 [EMAIL PROTECTED] wrote:
I've reworked the highlighter package to address some issues (inability to pass fieldnames to analyzers,
limiting tokenization of large docs) and have refactored it to be more modular so that folks
can provide alternative implementations of the main functions (tokenizing, fragmenting and scoring) if required.

This is not backwards compatible with earlier releases but this new version should hopefully provide a much more robust framework going forward.
If people feel comfortable with this version I am happy to put this in the sandbox Any feedback is appreciated.

Code here:
http://www.inperspective.com/lucene/highlighter2/highlighter2.zip

Javadocs here:
http://www.inperspective.com/lucene/highlighter2/index.html

Quick code example:

 IndexSearcher searcher = new IndexSearcher(ramDir);
 Query query = QueryParser.parse("Kenne*", FIELD_NAME, analyzer);
 query=query.rewrite(reader); //required to expand search terms
 Hits hits = searcher.search(query);

Highlighter highlighter =new Highlighter(new QueryScorer(query));
for (int i = 0; i < hits.length(); i++)
{
String text = hits.doc(i).get(FIELD_NAME);
TokenStream tokenStream=analyzer.tokenStream(FIELD_NAME,new StringReader(text));
// Get 3 best fragments and seperate with a "..." String result = highlighter.getBestFragments(tokenStream,text,3,"...");
System.out.println(result);
}

Cheers Mark