On Sunday 11 April 2004 17:16, Erik Hatcher wrote:
> Well, yes.... the one we already discussed.  Let your presentation tier
> talk directly to Hits, so you are as efficient as possible with access
> to documents, and only fetch what you need.
>
> Again, don't let "patterns" get in your way.

Well, the sense of tiers and (BTW: language-independant) patterns is to
modularize software and make things exchangable. This way
neither the presentation tier nor the search engine is exchangable.

The problem actually is that VLH is designed to have a static list of VOs. VLH
needs to evolve to support something like a data provider that dynamically
may add data. The problems here so far is that an Iterator must throw an
ConcurrentModificationException if the backing data is modified but as data
in a VLH is actually never removed but only added this should be something
possible to implement.

Timo