Karthik,

On Wednesday 07 July 2004 06:01, Karthik N S wrote:
> Hi
> Dev Guys
>
> Apologies.....
>
> I have 3 Questions for u.
>
> 1)
>   I have a situation in here where I am suppose to group  unique indexerd
> Documents
>   depending upon the number of  hit's per document.
>
>   To Breifly Explain this
>
>   All documet with "n"  hits  for a Search word would be grouped under
> "Catagory A"
>
>  and all document with  hits "n+1"  for the same Search Word should be
> grouped under  "Catagory B".
>
>  Can Lucene provide some means internally to handle this situation.

For a single term query, one can iterate through
IndexReader.termDocs(Term) and store the document numbers by
TermDocs.docFreq().

> 2) What is this weight /Boost factor  avaliable for the hits  ,and how to
> use this Effectively.

Could you be a bit more precise? Lucene has weights for fields
and for queries (called boost) and in Hits the documents have a score.

> 3) Is there any thing in Lucene Core which reveles the version numbering of
> current used jar files

The name of the jar file, but no API that I know of. You might invoke java
with -Dsomeproperty=lucenexxxxxxxxx.jar, and use that java system property.

Kind regards,
Ype