From: Stephane James Vaucher [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Thursday, July 29, 2004 0:00 AM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: When does IndexReader pick up changes?

IIRC, if you use a searcher, changes are picked up right away. With a
reader, I would expect it should react the same way.

<disclaimer>I'm not a lucene guru, I might be wrong</disclaimer> Where I'm
less sure is with a FSDirectory, as it uses an internal RAMDirectory. If two
separate processes (within the same classloader, FS with same paths are
reused) use different FSDirectories, you might notice a flushing behaviour.

sv