Hi all,

I am the Debian package maintainer for Lucene, and I'm having build
problems with 1.4.1. We are very close to a major Debian release (code
named 'sarge'), and the window for changes is very small. Can someone
please help me in the next day or two, otherwise Debian stable will ship
Lucene 1.4-final for the next couple of years. It looks to me like the
problem is in javacc generated code, and it's not obvious to me what
to do.

For debian sarge or sid users out there who want to reproduce the
build problem, download the lucene 1.4.1 source tarball, then:

  apt-get install devscripts
  apt-get source liblucene-java
  cd lucene-1.4
  uupdate -v 1.4.1 ../lucene-1.4.1-src.tar.gz
  cd ../lucene-1.4.1
  debuild -us -uc

Cheers,
Jeff

=================

compile-core:
    [mkdir] Created dir: /tmp/lucene/lucene-1.4.1/build/classes/java
    [javac] Compiling 160 source files to /tmp/lucene/lucene-1.4.1/build/classes/java
    [javac]
/tmp/lucene/lucene-1.4.1/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/standard/StandardTokenizer.java:15:
 cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class Reader
    [javac] location: class org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardTokenizer
    [javac]   public StandardTokenizer(Reader reader) {
    [javac]                            ^
    [javac]
/tmp/lucene/lucene-1.4.1/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/standard/StandardTokenizer.java:24:
 cannot resolve symbol
    [javac] symbol  : class IOException
    [javac] location: class org.apache.lucene.analysis.standard.StandardTokenizer
    [javac]   final public org.apache.lucene.analysis.Token next() throws
ParseException, IOException {
    [javac]
   ^
    [javac]
/tmp/lucene/lucene-1.4.1/src/java/org/apache/lucene/analysis/standard/StandardTokenizer.java:15:
 recursive constructor invocation
    [javac]   public StandardTokenizer(Reader reader) {
    [javac]          ^
    [javac] 3 errors