I recently read in regards to my problem that date_field:[0820483200
TO 1104480000]
is evluated into a series of boolean queries ... which has a cap of
1024 ... considering my documents will have dates spanning over many
years, and i need the granualirity of 'by day' searching, are there
any reccomendations on how to make this work?

Currently with query: +content_field:sometext +date_field:[0820483200
TO 1104480000]
I get the following exception:
org.apache.lucene.search.BooleanQuery$TooManyClauses

any suggestions on how I can still keep the granuality of by day, but
without limiting my search results? Are there any date formats that I
can change those numbers to that would allow me to complete the search
(i.e.  Feb, 15 2004 ) .. can lucene's range do a proper search on
formatted dates?

Is there a combination of RangeQuery and Query/MultiTermQuery that I can use?

your help is greatly appreciated.