Hi Javier,

On Thu, 4 Nov 2004 20:08:15 +0100, javier muguruza <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Justin,
>
> Yes, I wanted as less info as possible in the index. The body and
> atachemntes will be stored outside lucene. As I mentioned,  I only
> need to deal with the body/attachments contents with lucene, from, to,
> subject, dates etc are deal with before.

You probably can get away with this solution as well, but I would like
to suggest you to test Lucene performance before starting optimizing.

If your query on the text of the body/attachments are not huge (my
user end up with rewritten query whose lengths are up to
600KBytes!!!!!!), Lucene will be probably able to return your the
right result much faster than looking in different places for the same
query.

Don't be afraid of the number of documents either; not before testing
on some real data. You could easily find that a simpler architecture
can perform fast enough, and be much more easy to set up and tune.

[...]

Giulio Cesare