It seems that when I run the query "datelastrevised:[0e130wml4 TO
0e2alh18o]" (where datelastrevised is a lucene date field) and the result
contains more than X results, that an IndexAccessException is thrown with no
error message. If I perform the same query on a smaller set of possible
matches, then it works fine.

I'm assuming that this must have something to do with how the date field
enumerates against the matches with 'by the second' granularity - and
thereby exceeding the maximum number of boolean clauses (please correct me
if I am wrong).

Is there some way to reduce the granularity of the search to 'by the day'
granularity? Otherwise is there some way to perform this query so that I can
retrieve the results without error?

Best,
Shawn.