On Dec 5, 2004, at 1:36 AM, Benson Fang wrote:
I got a problem: Everytime I try to make an index with IndexHtml for a
directory under Tomcat webapps which includes .html and .jsp files, it
only scans for .html files, but not .jsp files. However, it works
while I make index with IndexFiles.

IndexHTML has this in its source code:

if (file.getPath().endsWith(".html") || // index .html files
               file.getPath().endsWith(".htm") || // index .htm files
               file.getPath().endsWith(".txt"))...

This is why .jsp files are excluded.

Keep in mind that JSP files are not pure HTML (not even close in most cases, especially when using JSF). I'm not sure what the built-in HTML parser will do with .jsp files. Generally content shouldn't be in the view layer, so indexing .jsp pages may or may not be useful. May I suggest switching to a Java web development framework that uses pure HTML templates? Tapestry - http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry :)