On Sun, 5 Dec 2004 03:12:37 -0500, Erik Hatcher
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> On Dec 5, 2004, at 1:36 AM, Benson Fang wrote:
> IndexHTML has this in its source code:
>
> if (file.getPath().endsWith(".html") || // index .html files
>                file.getPath().endsWith(".htm") || // index .htm files
>                file.getPath().endsWith(".txt"))...
>
> This is why .jsp files are excluded.
>
> Keep in mind that JSP files are not pure HTML (not even close in most
> cases, especially when using JSF).  I'm not sure what the built-in HTML
> parser will do with .jsp files.  Generally content shouldn't be in the
> view layer, so indexing .jsp pages may or may not be useful.  May I
> suggest switching to a Java web development framework that uses pure
> HTML templates?  Tapestry - http://jakarta.apache.org/tapestry :)
>
>         Erik

Oh, I see

However, for some reason, I have to make index for .jsp files. In
fact, I've rewritten IndexHTML and compiled a new class file, but I
don't know how to substitute it for the old one. Is there any way that
I can still make index for .jsp?

Thank you very much!

Benson

--