Steve Rajavuori wrote:
There are around 20 million documents in the orphaned segments, so it would
take a very long time to update the index. Is there an "unsafe" way to edit
the segments file to add these back? It seems like the missing piece of
information I need to do this is the correct segment size -- where can I
find that?

Do the CFS and non-CVS segment names correspond? If so, then it probably crashed after the segment was complete, but perhaps before it was packed into a CFS file. So I'd trust the non-CFS stuff first. And it's easy to see the size of a non-CVS segement: it's just the number of bytes in each of the .f* files.

Doug