From: Bernhard Messer [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: Wednesday, December 22, 2004 4:13 PM
To: Lucene Users List
Subject: Re: CFS file?

Steve Rajavuori schrieb:

>Can someone tell me the purpose of the .CFS files? The Index File Formats
>page does not mention this type of file.

uuuh, you're right, it is not documented at fileformats.html.
Since Lucene 1.4, the individual index files are stored per default
within one single compound file which has the file extension .cvs . You
can switch that behaviour off by setting the public static member
IndexWriter.useCompoundFile to false.

Bernhard