Hi Jason ,
yes , the doc'n does mention escaping . but thats only for special
characters used in queries , right ?
but i've tried 'escaping' too.
to answer ur question , am sure it is not HTTP request which is eating it up.

        Query query = MultiFieldQueryParser.parse("test/s",
                 "value", analyzer);

  query has "value:test"

  am using StandardAnalyzer

On Thu, 27 Jan 2005 17:53:39 +1100, Jason Polites
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> Lucene doco mentions escaping, but doesn't include the "/" char...
>
> ------
> Lucene supports escaping special characters that are part of the query
> syntax. The current list special characters are
>
> + - && || ! ( ) { } [ ] ^ " ~ * ? : \
>
> To escape these character use the \ before the character. For example to
> search for (1+1):2 use the query:

> ------
>
> You could try escaping it anyway?
>
> Are you sure it's not an HTTP request which is screwing with the parameter?

Regards,
Robin
9886394650
"The merit of an action lies in finishing it to the end"