Karl Koch wrote:

Hi,

yes, but the library your are using is quite big. I was thinking that a 5kB
code could actually do that. That sourceforge project is doing much more
than that but I do not need it.

you need just the htmlparser.jar 200k.
... you know ... the functionality is strongly correclated with the size.

You can use 3 lines of code with a good regular expresion to eliminate the html tags,
but this won't give you any guarantie that the text from the bad fromated html files will be
correctly extracted...

 Best,

 Sergiu

Karl

 Hi Karl,

I already submitted a peace of code that removes the html tags.
Search for my previous answer in this thread.

 Best,

  Sergiu

Karl Koch wrote:

Hello,

I have been following this thread and have another question.

Is there a piece of sourcecode (which is preferably very short and simple
(KISS)) which allows to remove all HTML tags from HTML content? HTML 3.2
would be enough...also no frames, CSS, etc.

I do not need to have the HTML strucutre tree or any other structure but
need a facility to clean up HTML into its normal underlying content

before

indexing that content as a whole.

Karl

I think that depends on what you want to do. The Lucene demo parser

does

simple mapping of HTML files into Lucene Documents; it does not give you

parse tree for the HTML doc. CyberNeko is an extension of Xerces (uses

the

same API; will likely become part of Xerces), and so maps an HTML

document

into a full DOM that you can manipulate easily for a wide range of
purposes. I haven't used JTidy at an API level and so don't know it as

well --

based on its UI, it appears to be focused primarily on HTML validation

and

error detection/correction.

I use CyberNeko for a range of operations on HTML documents that go

beyond

indexing them in Lucene, and really like it. It has been robust for me

so

far.

Chuck

http://cn.rd.yahoo.com/mail_cn/tag/1g/*http://cn.mail.yahoo.com/event/ma