Jim,

The Lucene website is transitioning to the new top-level space. I have checked out the current site to the new lucene.apache.org area and set up redirects from the old Jakarta URL's. The source code, though, is not an official part of the website. Thanks to our conversion to Subversion, though, the source is browsable starting here:

        http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/lucene/java/trunk

The HTML of the website will need link adjustments to get everything back in shape.

The brackets are documented here: http://lucene.apache.org/queryparsersyntax.html

        Erik