I was trying to write some documentation on how to use the tool and issued a search for:

contact:DENNIS MORROW

And sure enough I got 647 hits.  Then I changed the searc to:

contact:DENNIS MORRO?

And now I get 648 hits, but in some of them the contact doesn't even remotely resemble the search pattern. For instance here are the what the contact fields contain for some of these hits:
Contact: GENERIC CONTACT
Contact: Andre Gardinalli
Contact: Brett Morrow (that's especially interesting)
Contact: KEN PATTERSON

And of course there are some with Dennis' name too.

Any idea why this is happening?  I'm using the QueryParser.parse method.

Jim.