> Yes, I know of all of these places and they're wonderful. But, there is
> nothing
> quite like http://www.sourceforge.net which is a place to find free/shareware
> software that is being written by groups all over the world. The current
> approach in the lute community is analagous to the "lute book" approach of old
> -- a little bit is here, a little bit is there etc. Maybe this decentralized
> approach is the best, but I wanted to offer up an alternative idea.
This would be hard to manage, on a volunteer basis. One solution is to link
all the participating sites in the Lute-Ring, which already exists. it is
Federico Marincola's baby. He eventually transferred the ownership to me,
and I then changed the rules so that all the participating sites HAD TO
offer lutenistic resources for FREE [scores, articles, iconography, sound
files etc.]. I guess this may smack of napoleonic pretentiousness to
some.....
RT