Hi all,
isn't it fascinating how people tend to develop rites and call'em
manners. Her in Germany, you would still be called Frau Dr. if your
husband was a doctor. Men were important those days, sigh. My grandma
even signed her letters with Frau Ewald Arndt, which was the name of
her late husband. In Austria (and, I believe, in Hungary) people tend
to address others with academic titles as a sign of respect. I am Herr
Doktor (I am not), the director of the choir I sing with is invariably
Herr Professor. And if you know one Habsburg (which for whatever reason
is always spelt with a p in America), you do qualify for the title!
Thanks for sending your msg to the group