Dear Michael,

>I'm at astage where my fretgut on my 14 course swan neck are so frayed that
>buzzing is serious.

 Buzzing problem is caused by height of string from finger board and
gauge of fretgut. It is difficult to solve the problem generally.
But why don't you try thin fretgut (e.g. 0.7) for the all fret.

>Second request is can someone suggest what gauge strings should I order for a
>fourteen course.

 To get appropriate gauge for strings, it is necessary to know string
length both of on finger board and diapason. How long are they?

--
Gonzaemon Biwanoin / Masao Mori mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]