Mathias writes: 'As opposed to that, converted Jews in those days would
rather have avoided hints of their provenance'. Of course I know what you mean, but
Jews who converted (or were forced to convert) were often not given the
chance to hide their origins, as I know from many Jewish friends, whose names were
given them (on payment of the appropriate amount of money) after the
emancipation from the ghettos. Admittedly, that was a few centuries after Hans
Judenkunig, but it just made me wonder. Cheers

Tom