Greetings all,

  Do (some) people need to be reminded that this is a "lute list", not a =
race, religion, or sexual orientation list?  I'm sure that Yahoo =
eGroups, MSN, or one of the many other web sites devoted to discussion =
lists have groups focusing on these topics.
  At the very least, could courtesy please be shown to the remaining =
subscribers by inserting "O/T" (off-topic) at the beginning of the =
subject line.
  Frankly, I find it embarrassing to "eavesdrop" on other people's =
verbal vendettas.
  I feel strongly that everyone has a right to their own opinion, but, =
there is a time and a place for all things.  It is my opinion that =
discussions of such a personal nature have no place on a list such as =
this.  Please understand that I bear no ill feeling towards anyone in =
this matter, it's just somewhat disturbing to read some of the recent =
postings when a person is expecting topics such as string preference, =
peg dope, or the latest "discovered" manuscript.
  Thank you, and I'll be stepping down from my soap box now.

Sincerely,

Thomas Mead