If I could regard this as a joke it would be a fine idea but if I recall
right Cage really thought to be a serious composer.
Reminds me on a german band (I think it was "Einstuerzende Neubauten")
which recorded a similar piece called "Nichts" (nothing) in the 80's.

Strawinski's comment propably meant any time Cage spends with nothing is
better than if he would produce tones ...

Thomas

--
Thomas Schall
Niederhofheimer Weg 3