Jon, Stewart, David, Sean, Stephan et al...

Thanks for such a fascinating discussion.  I do think the lighter
"ballad" voice will work for many songs--especially as I'm relatively
young and can stretch it a bit.  Also, as I mentioned in the other
thread, the lute in question is nominally G but tuned down to its
resonance at F.  I'll have to experiment, too, with singing the bass
line and playing only the others--sounds like the sort of thing one
needs to reaccustom oneself to before being able to appreciate it, but
sometimes that turns out to be well worth the trouble.

Does anyone know of recordings of low-ish male voices with lute,
ballad-style or otherwise?  If not, then any recommended recordings of
male voice (lower than counter-tenor) and lute would be of interest.

Best,

James di Properzio