As listener I have made the - to me surprising - experience that a baroque lute in a
not too small church was heard quite well in a chamber ensemble.
Exspectingly in the duo with the cembalo the lute could be heard even better.
The only sad thing was, that the lute - I sat in one of the last rows - lost her
"silver sound".
After the concert I had the chance to talk to the lutenist - Oswald Hebermehl - and
even try the lute.
It had a very good sound but the distance had darkened it and made it a little bit
hard.
Also he had strung the lute wholly with gut. Playing in an ensemble with original
instrument he had asked himself, why he should be the only one to play with modern
artifical string.

Best
Markus